This is the poster I won state with for the Art Institutes contest. I found out about the contest about a week before the final due date and I spent pretty much the whole week working on it non-stop. Funny thing is it didn't turn out ANYTHING like my rough plan sketch and it kept changing because of my lack of time to get everything that I wanted to do done. It's a HUGE poster (killed my RAM while working on it.) Hey look! Its the first human I've actually put some work into! Hehe.
Okay, so we were supposed to provide an explanation of the symbology and such for the picture so here's a quick rundown starting at the top.
1. The heart beat line = life (duh)
2. Heart beat line turning into lightning = inspiration
3. Lightning striking the tail of the dragon and paint brush = portraying the embodiment of one's artistic self (dragon) and the inspiration as a sort of 'painting material'
4. The budding sapling tree being painted by the girl = the beginning of an artist, growing out of the dark ground where we all start off.
5. Empty space above the tree = the ability to continually improve and 'grow' into our potential
6. The girl (knees) = being integrated as the scenery (like mountains) we become part of our art.
7. Color scheme = mostly to attract the eye.
When I actually submitted it, my explanation was much more elegant
So yeah, That's my poster! looking over it again, I've spotted a few things that I should have done better, but oh well. Whats done is done. Dunno who the girl is or why her artistic persona is a mini dragon, but I sure like how she turned out, and that dragon! SO ADORABLE!
Q.E.D. Hair is freaking hard to do digitally.
ART (C) TO ME. DO NOT USE/STEAL/ALTER/REDISTRIBUTE in any way, shape or form.
Detail close ups coming soon.